Vascular Biology Grant
In support of the vascular biology community and the furthering and sharing of research worldwide, Vascular Biology is offering a £1,000 grant to one field specialist for research or conference travel*, as well as the opportunity to have their research published in the journal. The grant application process will see applicants submit a 500 word review proposal, which will help to demonstrate research quality and will be the basis of the final selection process by the journal Editorial Board. The winning applicant will have their complete written review taken into consideration for publication within the journal.**
How to enter
Applicants must supply the following information:
- a 500 word summary outlining their recent research, area of interest and what they would use the grant for,
- a separate 500 word overview of their proposed review article,
- a copy of their CV and a list of their publications to date.
All submitted entries will be taken into consideration, and the winner will be decided upon by the Vascular Biology Editorial Board.
Conditions of grant use:
- Research in the field of vascular biology
- Conference attendance in the field of vascular biology
Terms & conditions also applicable. Please see below.
Process and Deadlines
- Application deadline – 31st October 2020.
- The winner of grant will selected by the Vascular Biology Editorial Board in December 2020, and announced in be announced in January 2021.
Send your application including all the information included above in to email@example.com with the subject ‘Grant application – Vascular Biology’.
*Please note, due to the current global outbreak of Covid-19, the journal understands current travel/conference plans are unable to be planned. Should this continue to be the case when the winner of the grant is announced suitable arrangements will be put in place to ensure the grant can be used when appropriate.
**Please note that the winner’s completed review article will still be subject to the journal’s peer review process, meaning that publication in the journal is not guaranteed. Should the review article fail to pass peer review, the award of the grant will still be honored.
Terms and conditions
- This is a competitive award and the Grants Panel's decision is final and not subject to appeal.
- Upon application, all applicants must submit a 500 word summary outlining their recent research, area of interest and what they would use the grant for. They must also provide a separate 500 word overview of their proposed review article and a copy of their CV and a list of their publications to date.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The journal reserves the right to publish successful applicants' final review, subject to acceptance and successful peer review. Should the review article fail to pass peer review, the award of the grant will still be honored.
- Funds are awarded on the understanding that they are used for the purpose stated in the application (to fund research or conference attendance in the field of vascular biology). If support is obtained elsewhere or any part of the grant is unused, the balance should be refunded to the journal.
- Successful applicants are expected to pay for their registration, accommodation and travel upfront and the grant monies will then be used to reimburse you based on submitted receipts. We will not reimburse subsistence costs.
- First class travel will not be funded and applicants must endeavour to find the least expensive travel and accommodation costs.
- Monies will only be paid into named individual or institutional accounts. Successful applicants will be asked to submit account details at a later date.