Vascular Biology Early-Career Researcher Award
Acknowledging up-and-coming contributions to science
The Vascular Biology Early-Career Researcher Award seeks to acknowledge up-and-coming contribution to the field. This is the first award to come from the journal since its launch in 2018 offering public acknowledgement to talented early career researchers. To be considered, applicants should have submitted a research or review article to the journal by December 31st 2020 along with clear mention of their wish to be considered for the award included in their cover letter. The award is championed by Editor-in-Chief, Professor Paolo Madeddu, who will review applications and select the winner.
Both original research and review articles will be considered for the award, with published papers benefiting from extra promotion by Vascular Biology including an author interview. All submissions will be subject to the journal's standard peer review process.
What the award offers:
All successfully accepted articles will be:
- published free-of-charge in Vascular Biology,
- showcased in a dedicated journal newsletter that is distributed to international field-leaders and specialists.
- a dedicated mention in the journal newsletter,
- individual comments of acknowledgement from Professor Madeddu.
- an official award certificate,
- an official letter of commendation to their institution acknowledging their success and receipt of the award,
- exclusive exposure for winning the award including over email and social media as well as an author interview if the author wishes.
How to enter:
- Submit a research or review article to Vascular Biology before 31st December 2020.
- Please include a covering letter that clearly states that you wish your article to be considered for the award.
- Ensure you read the author guidelines on manuscript preparation prior to submission.
This award is available for early-career researchers, defined as those within the first four years (or full-time equivalent) of their research activity, including the period of research training.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility please email the Editorial Office and we will be happy to provide further details.
About the journal:
Vascular Biology is a new, Open-Access journal meeting the need for a unifying platform in the field of vascular biology. As a part of the journal’s launch, the Article Processing Charge (APC) is waived, meaning that Vascular Biology currently offers an unprecedented opportunity for free Open Access publication.
The journal is the brainchild of its field-leading editorial board, with Editor-in-Chief Paolo Madeddu joined by Strategic Editors Anna Randi, Peter Carmeliet, Douglas Losordo and Didier Stainier.
Vascular Biology considers submissions of basic, mechanistic, clinical and translational research and reviews. Please view the journal's scope for further details.